The Human Resources Office is responsible for:
- New employee recruitment, orientation and training;
- Ongoing workforce training;
- Compensation and classification administration;
- Employee benefits administration;
- Exit interviews for departing employees;
- Employee relations;
- Administering and interpreting personnel policies and procedures;
- Various related activities designed to select, develop and maintain an effective County workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Appomattox County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the County to afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, marital status, age, religion, political affiliation, disability or veteran status, except where age or gender is a bonafide occupational qualification.
New Hire Information