Locally-elected Constitutional Officers have a long tradition in Virginia dating back to the Commonwealth's first Constitution of 1776. The current slate of five (5) locally-elected Constitutional Officers dates from the Constitution of 1902 and its subsequent amendments, culminating in the Constitution of 1971.
The five (5) Constitutional Officers serving the Citizens of Appomattox County are listed below.
- Janet A. Hix - Circuit Court Clerk
- Sara R. Henderson - Commissioner of the Revenue
- Darrel W. Puckett - Commonwealth's Attorney
- Barry E. Letterman - Sheriff
- Alice F. Gillett - Treasurer